Over 90%of all disabled children in India leave school before grade 9!
This is due to a lack of facilities, services, assistive technologies, and general awareness amongst society members. The problem starts when children are not diagnosed in time or do not receive the appropriate mitigation therapies. Parents are not supported at home, and educational institutions do not have the means (or technologies) to integrate children with disabilities into regular educational programs.
A whole new generation of children with disabilities is being born who are condemned to face this future. These children will very rarely make it into employment and are unlikely to be able to live independent lives. Without a transformative change in the system, new services, new technologies and approaches, and despite the best intentions in the world, the day to day practice of learning will not change. EMx hopes to catalyse this change by reaching out to all those who believe they can make a difference.
Join us with your ideas, your expertise, and your support !
The Enable Makeathon Methodology
- Access to users, during co-creation who can help you prototype and test.
- Designers to help understand user journeys and help create/ adapt your products.
- Facilities and experts for quick prototyping/ fabrication to make a MVP.
- Mentors customised to your needs, be they business, IT, engineers, designers.
- IT expertise on everything from App making support, to AI, to website design.
- Access to people with special needs education, inclusive education, disability expertise.
- A prototyping budget and will help you source your materials.
- Access to special needs and inclusive schools.
- Young entrepreneurs and business school faculty to help with your business planning.
- Access to investors and incubators to work with and pitch to ( all teams that made it to our 2nd round were given incubation)
Who Can Apply?
Startups, innovators, and non profits working on solutions for children with disabilities and their parents.
“When you pay attention to the beginning of the story, you can change the whole story”.
Inkludo Consulting & Advisory
At Inkludo, we lay the foundation for organisations that create impact and profit and support them to reach their potential scale. Inkludo has offices in London and Bangalore, We work with startups focussed on social impact. We help them idea on specific challenges and help them innovate through a co-creation process that leads directly into incubation. This is an active process for selecting and (de-selecting) start-ups to get the right teams, the right products and the right business plans. At the centre of our work is a beneficiary or client focus and a methodology that actively connects start-ups to the ecosystem of stakeholders and to clients.